*Actual product and finish may vary
Norton 8301 Series grade 1 surface mounted slim-line Multi-Size x Tri-Pak x Backcheck closer with adjustable spring sizes 1-6.
8301/8501 comes with screws, brackets and soffit plates to allow for regular, top jamb, and parallel arm installations.
Specify door width for all UNI closers. 33” to 41” and 42” to 48” available from stock. Includes sex nuts.
Note: 8301/8501 door closers can be adjusted for door sizes noted. Multi-size closers are set at mid power range from the factory.
• Staked valves
• Standard, separate and independent, latch, sweep and backcheck intensity valves
• Cast aluminum body
• Rack-and-pinion design
• 1-1/4" (32mm) diameter piston
• 5/8" (16mm) diameter pinion journals
• 2-1/8" (54mm) projection (standard covers)
• All standard arm applications (with slim, full or metal covers) allow doors to swing 180 degrees, conditions permitting
• 8300/8301 - shipped with slim-line plastic cover
• 8500/8501 - shipped with full plastic cover
• Full size template
• 10-year limited warranty
• Metal, architectural plastic or architectural metal covers (8500 or 8501 only)
• Lead lined metal cover - suffix MLL
• Delayed action
• Heavy-duty arms; Regular Rigid, Parallel Rigid, CloserPlus®, CloserPlus Spring™, Unitrol®
• Slide Tracks: push or pull side mounting
• ANSI/BHMA A156.4, Grade 1 certified
• UL listed
• UL10C compliant for positive pressure
• ADA compliant (8301 and 8501)
Closers will also comply with the opening force requirements as outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ANSI/BHMA standard A117.1 for interior doors.
Series 8301/8501 Multi-Sized Door Closer
Adjustable through the power range of sizes 1 through 6; as outlined in ANSI/BHMA specification A156.4 option PT 4H .
8301/8501 Series Closers for interior and exterior doors shall be full rack-and-pinion type with cast aluminum alloy shell. Closers shall be surface mounted and shall project no more than 2-1/8" from the surface of the door with standard cover. Closers shall be non-handed to permit installation on doors of either hand. Closer fluid shall contain lubricity and anti-oxidation agents. Closer fluid shall maintain stable viscosity to allow door closer to perform in temperatures ranging from extremely high to as low as -40°F. Closers shall have multi-size spring power adjustment to permit setting of spring from size 1 through size 6. Closers shall have two non-critical valves, hex key adjusted, to independently regulate sweep speed and latch speed. Closers shall have adjustable backcheck intensity controlled by a hex key adjusted valve. [Closers shall have adjustable delayed action closing controlled by a hex key adjustable valve.] Regular arm and top jamb closers shall have a non-hold open shoe permitting 15% ( + or – 7-1/2% ) power adjustment. **Closers shall be enclosed in a [molded resin cover] [plated or sprayed metal cover], Closers to be Norton® [8301/8501] [8501M] [8501MA] [8501A].
8301 Norton Door Closer With Regular Arm
- Brand: Norton
- Product Code: 8301