*Actual product and finish may vary
Norton CLP1603BC Series grade 1 surface mounted CloserPlus® stop only door closer has ANSI size 3 spring with no power adjustment.
Door Closer Power Options
Sized Door Closer: 1600BC
Available in five different power sizes (2, 3, 4, 5 or 6). Outlined in ANSI specification A156.4. Spring power is not adjustable. Tri-Style® 1600BC/1601(BF) closers come with screws, brackets & soffit plate to allow for regular, top jamb, & parallel arm installations.
Includes sex nuts.
Backcheck is standard on 1600/1601 closers, except units with Delayed Action. Specify door width for all UNI closers. 33” to 40” and 42” to 48” available from stock.
Door closers shall have built-in door stop [and holder] effective at one point selected at installation, from 85° - 110° in five-degree increments. Door stop mechanism shall be reversible and attached to soffit plate. [Hold open mechanism shall have engage/disengage and strength selection actuated by thumbturn.] Closers shall be provided for parallel arm installation using rigid steel main and secondary arm.
• Rack-and-pinion design
• Cast aluminum body
• 2-7/8" (73mm) projection
• 1-3/8" (35mm) diameter piston
• 5/8" (16mm) diameter pinion journals
• Standard, separate and independent, latch, sweep and backcheck intensity valves
• Tri-Style® packaging (regular arm, top jamb and parallel arm mounting)
• All standard arm applications allow doors to swing 180°, conditions permitting
• Staked valves
• 10-year limited warranty
• Delayed action (in lieu of backcheck). Specify 1601DA or 1601BFDA
• Corrosion-resistant model (non-hold open only). Specify 1601SS or 1601BFSS . (Not tri-packed)
• Molded plastic cover. Specify suffix P
• Heavy-duty arms: Parallel Rigid, CloserPlus®, CloserPlus Spring™, and Unitrol®
• ANSI/BHMA A156.4, Grade 1 certified
• UL listed
• UL10C compliant for positive pressure
• A.D.A. compliant (1601BF)
Closers for interior and exterior doors shall be full rack-and-pinion type with cast aluminum alloy shell. Closers shall be surface mounted and shall project no more that 2-7/8" from the surface of the door. Closers shall be non-handed to permit installation of doors of either hand. Closer fluid shall contain lubricity and anti-oxidation agents. Closer fluid shall maintain stable viscosity to allow the door closer to perform in temperatures ranging from extremely high to as low as -40°F. Closers shall be sized for each door. Closers shall have two non-critical valves, hex key adjusted, to independently regulate sweep and latch speed. [Closers shall have adjustable backcheck cushioning controlled by a hex key adjusted valve.] [Closers shall have adjustable delayed action closing controlled by a hex key adjusted valve.] Regular arm and top jamb closers shall have a non-hold open shoe permitting 15% (+/- 7-1/2%) power adjustment.** [1600BC]. **For special arms insert that specification here (see column three on this page).
CLP1603BC Norton Stop Only Door Closer
- Brand: Norton
- Product Code: CLP1603BC