*Actual product and finish may vary
Norton 8501 Series grade 1 surface mounted Unitrol® hold open arm full cover Multi-Size x Tri-Pak x Backcheck closer with adjustable spring sizes 1-6.
8301/8501 comes with screws, brackets and soffit plates to allow for regular, top jamb, and parallel arm installations.
Specify door width for all UNI closers. 33” to 41” and 42” to 48” available from stock. Includes sex nuts.
Note: 8301/8501 door closers can be adjusted for door sizes noted. Multi-size closers are set at mid power range from the factory.
Door closers shall have a fixed door stop feature effective at one point selected at installation, from 85° - 110° in five degree increments. Door stop shall be cushioned by a shock-absorbing heavy-duty spring action effective at the [soffit plate] [arm shoe] pivot. [Closers shall be provided for parallel arm installation using a rigid steel main arm and secondary arm lengths proportional to the door width.] [Closers shall be provided for top jamb installation using a forged steel, rigid main arm and telescoping secondary arm adequate for the frame reveal of the openings.]
• Staked valves
• Standard, separate and independent, latch, sweep and backcheck intensity valves
• Cast aluminum body
• Rack-and-pinion design
• 1-1/4" (32mm) diameter piston
• 5/8" (16mm) diameter pinion journals
• 2-1/8" (54mm) projection (standard covers)
• All standard arm applications (with slim, full or metal covers) allow doors to swing 180 degrees, conditions permitting
• 8300/8301 - shipped with slim-line plastic cover
• 8500/8501 - shipped with full plastic cover
• Full size template
• 10-year limited warranty
• Metal, architectural plastic or architectural metal covers (8500 or 8501 only)
• Lead lined metal cover - suffix MLL
• Delayed action
• Heavy-duty arms; Regular Rigid, Parallel Rigid, CloserPlus®, CloserPlus Spring™, Unitrol®
• Slide Tracks: push or pull side mounting
• ANSI/BHMA A156.4, Grade 1 certified
• UL listed
• UL10C compliant for positive pressure
• ADA compliant (8301 and 8501)
Closers will also comply with the opening force requirements as outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ANSI/BHMA standard A117.1 for interior doors.
Series 8301/8501 Multi-Sized Door Closer
Adjustable through the power range of sizes 1 through 6; as outlined in ANSI/BHMA specification A156.4 option PT 4H .
Closers for interior and exterior doors shall be full rack-and-pinion type with cast aluminum alloy shell. Closers shall be surface mounted and shall project no more than 2-1/8" from the surface of the door with standard cover. Closers shall be non-handed to permit installation on doors of either hand. Closer fluid shall contain lubricity and anti-oxidation agents. Closer fluid shall maintain stable viscosity to allow door closer to perform in temperatures ranging from extremely high to as low as -40°F. Closers shall have multi-size spring power adjustment to permit setting of spring from size 1 through size 6. Closers shall have two non-critical valves, hex key adjusted, to independently regulate sweep speed and latch speed. Closers shall have adjustable backcheck intensity controlled by a hex key adjusted valve. [Closers shall have adjustable delayed action closing controlled by a hex key adjustable valve.] Regular arm and top jamb closers shall have a non-hold open shoe permitting 15% ( + or – 7-1/2% ) power adjustment. **Closers shall be enclosed in a [molded resin cover] [plated or sprayed metal cover], Closers to be Norton® [8301/8501] [8501M] [8501MA] [8501A].
UNI-8501H Norton Door Closer, Unitrol® Hold Open Arm
- Brand: Norton
- Product Code: UNI 8501H