*Actual product and finish may vary
The Rixson 117 is a 3/4” Offset x 180 Pivot Set. Pivot sets provide the best possible means of hanging a door.
Standard top pivot included.
Weight to 300 lbs.*
Door Width up to 3'6" (1067mm)
BHMA/ANSI NO: C07162/C07202
Product Description & Features
• Standard top pivot 180 included
• 119 intermediate pivot recommended (order separately)
• Bottom pivot mortised into floor
• Available for fire door assemblies up to three hours – specify F117. Intermediate pivot required by UL. Specify FM19, (order separately), see page 136
• For 20-minute label suffix “–20” to the part number
• Non-ferrous base material
• Doors up to 90" (2286mm) in height should use one intermediate pivot. Each additional 30" (762mm) of door height warrants another intermediate pivot
• 3/4" (19mm) offset (measured from centerline of pivot to face of door)
• Available for 1-1/2" (38mm) offset (door weight 150lbs) for doors with cladding or frame molding.
• Door edges must be beveled 1/8" in 2"
• Furnished with wood and machine screws
• Extended spindles available in 1/2" (13mm) increments up to 2" (51mm) longer than standard
• Doors will swing 180°, trim permitting
Fire Rated – Prefix F - Pivots for fire rated doors (up to 3 hours) include a steel top pivot and must have additional steel intermediate pivots. For F519 pocket pivot, door assemblies must have been tested with pocket pivots.
Twenty-minute label – Suffix - 20 - This UL rating is for 20-minute assemblies. Product with this rating has an authorized label.
Handing - All offset pivots and pivot sets are handed. Suffix RH or LH.
Extended Spindle – Suffix extra length needed - Any special coverings or severe door undercuts will affect the spindle height. In these applications, an extended spindle may be required. Most standard spindle heights accommodate door undercuts up to 1/2". Extended spindles available in 1/2" increments up to 2" longer than standard.
1-1/2" Offset – Suffix 1-1/2 - Offset is the distance from the face of the door to the pivot point. Extended offsets should not be used unless there is cladding on the face of the door or there is trim to clear on the frame. 1-1/2" offset arms and pivots are for doors with cladding or trim that project 3/4" from the face of the door. The greater the offset the less weight can be carried by the pivot.
Door Thickness – Suffix 1-3/4", 2", 2-1/4", 2-1/2" or 3" - When ordering L series pivot for lead-lined doors, the thickness of the door must be given. The purpose of the L product is to have screws spaced so they straddle the lead in the center of the door. Also used when lead lining is under the skins of the door. Recommended for use on extra heavy or high traffic doors.
Certifications - All Rixson® pivots and pivot sets are in compliance with ANSI/BHMA 156.4 Standards. See individual products for sub sections.
Limited Warranty - Rixson Pivot sets are warranted for 2 years for defect. See Rixson Price Book for specific details of the limited warranty.
117 Rixson 3/4" Offset - x 180 Pivot Set
- Brand: Rixson
- Product Code: 117