*Actual product and finish may vary
Complete Premium Door Control. The 40 Series center hung, double acting floor closers are concealed closers for maximum efficiency, heavy and high traffic openings. Model 40 NHO provides a 90° swing and heavy duty arm.
Floor closers provide the best mechanical means to support and control a door. They are designed to work with the laws of physics to provide long-lasting performance and reliability.
Advantages of concealed floor closers
• Aesthetics – let the beauty of the door and its surroundings take center stage
• Vandal resistant – mechanism not exposed
• The solution for arch top doors – offset floor closers
• Both mechanical advantage and aesthetics – a concealed floor closer exclusive
Many different models to choose from
• Use standard product with a top pivot for the best efficiency
• Use a quick install (Q) model to facilitate easy closer removal
• Use extra heavy-duty (L & H) (L-offset) (H-center hung) models for higher traffic/lead lined or extremely heavy doors
• Use model HM with 3/4" offset hinges for hollow metal doors and frames prepared for 4-1/2" hinges
• Closers can be offset hung, center hung or independently hung, single or double acting (center hung only)
• Double Acting, Non-handed
• Interior or Exterior Doors
• Weight to 300 lbs.
• Sizes up to 4'0" x 8'6"* (1219x2591mm)
Product Description & Features Technical Information
• Centering arm with adjustment screws in faces of door (critical for double acting doors)
• Adjustable closing speed valves for each direction of door swing
• Mechanism returns door to center
• Available non-hold open (N) or automatic hold open (A) at 90° (requires 93° swing) or 100° (requires 103° swing)
• Not available in Delayed Action (DA)
• Maximum door opening 103°
• Auxiliary door stop required, overhead or floor type
• Models available to meet ICC/ANSI A117.1 low opening force requirements. Prefix “PH” (consult factory)
• Cold weather fluid option – specify “CWF”
• Sealed closer option – specify “SC”
• Available with floor plate or threshold installation (floor plate shown)
• Steel cement case
• Arm reinforcement bracket for wood doors – prefix “W”
• Standard top pivot: #340 included
• Not allowed for fire rated doors
• Furnished with wood and machine screws
• Extended spindles available in 1/2" increments up to 2" longer than standard
All Rixson® heavy-duty floor closers are in compliance with ANSI/BHMA 156.4 Standards. See individual products for sub sections.
Rixson heavy-duty floor closers models 27/28 and 30/40 are warranted for 10 years against defect. The model 20 closer carries a 2 year warranty. See Rixson Price Book for specific details of the limited warranty.
Floor closers shall be heavy-duty model 27 (offset) or model 28 (center hung). All closers shall be handed. Choose appropriate functions and strengths to accommodate lead lining, extra high traffic, fire rating, independently hung or quick install models. These closers shall have separate and independent checking valves, to control latch speed, closing speed and adjustable hydraulic backcheck. All single acting closers shall have a built in dead stop feature. All closers have one piece spindle assembly. Extra heavy-duty closers shall have minimum of two thrust bearings and one needle bearing. Closers shall not have compression spring.
40 NHO Rixson Center Hung Double Acting Floor Closer
- Brand: Rixson
- Product Code: 40