*Actual product and finish may vary
Rixson 9-336 Surface Heavy Duty Stop Checkmate Holder. Checkmate® overhead stops and holders are used to extend the life of the door, frame and any door closing devices.
For a 36” door with offset pivots or butts.
They may be necessary if there are strong winds, high traffic or abuse.
• When used in conjunction with a floor closer, you have absolute door control, top and bottom
• Provides positive deadstop at selected degree
• There are 3 functions, 4 ways to order
• Friction Stay – used on doors without closers to keep doors open
• Hold Open – door remains held open near deadstop location
• Stops – door deadstops at a particular degree of opening
• Multi Function – adaptable as hold open and/or stops
• Available as surface mounted or concealed
• Standard mount on push side of door
• Thru bolts are furnished with all surface models and must be used for installation.
Product Description & Features
• Doors are single acting
• Slide track design
• Recommended for high traffic, heavy abuse installations
• Heavy shock absorber spring provides 5-7° compression before deadstop
• LS option omits spring for special application
• On/off knob on hold open models
• Stop, friction stay or hold open function
• Complete screw packet with thru-bolts for door, wood and machine screws for frame
• Torx® screws optional for security applications
• Standard architectural finishes
• Durable slider cam and shock block
• 110° maximum opening
• 1-3/4" minimum door thickness
• 1-3/16" square channel
• Stop function UL listed for fire door assemblies
• For pull side mounting or flush mounting on push side or for rabbeted push side use angle jamb bracket adapter 5458LH or 5459RH
• Hanging means other than standard butts or offset pivots require special templating and pricing. Consult factory
Door Opening Chart (in inches) Model Number
Butts Offset Pivots Center Hung Pivots Friction H.O. Stop
*24 – 28 25-1/2 - 30 9-116 9-126 9-136
28-1/16 - 33 30-1/16 - 36 9-216 9-226 9-236
33-1/16 - 38 36-1/16 - 41 9-316 9-326 9-336
38-1/16 - 43 41-1/16 - 46 9-416 9-426 9-436
43-1/16 - 48 46-1/16 - 50 9-516 9-526 9-536
*Butt hung only on this size door. No swing clear hinges.
Less Spring – Suffix LS
Heavy duty slide track type stops have a spring in the end of the channel that keeps the slider from deadstopping. If these units are being used with electromechanical closer, where the door must deadstop, the LS option is needed. For non-adjustable models 1 and 9 only.
Angle Jamb Bracket Adapter – Standard-duty models suffix 5258 (non-handed) Heavy-duty models suffix 5458 (LH) or 5459 (RH)
When surface mounted units are mounted on a rabbeted door on the push side, flush door and transom on the push side, or in a reverse installation on the pull side of the door a special bracket is needed. Note that not all models can be mounted on the pull side of the door
Security Screws – Suffix Torx
Security screws can be supplied for exposed fasteners.
All Rixson Checkmate® overhead stops and holders are in compliance with ANSI/BHMA 156.8, Grade 1 and 2 Standards. See individual products for sub sections. See individual models for UL Listing.
Rixson Checkmate® stops and holders are warranted for 2 years for defect. See Rixson price book for specific details of the limited warranty
All overhead stops and holders shall be from a single manufacturer. Standard-duty models used for interior or low to medium traffic doors. Heavy-duty models used for exterior or high traffic doors or doors subject to abuse. For extremely abusive areas or high winds use double lever arm type. Coordinate deadstop and/or hold open location with concealed floor closers. Checkmate products provide hold open and/or deadstop.
9-336 Rixson Surface Heavy Duty Stop
- Brand: Rixson
- Product Code: 9-336