*Actual product and finish may vary
Rixson F180 is a 3/4” Offset Fire Rated Top Pivot standard for most offset pivot sets and floor closers. Pivot sets provide the best possible means of hanging a door.
Fire rated up to 3 hours
They are designed to work with the laws of physics to provide long-lasting performance and reliability.
• The weight of the door is supported at the bottom by the floor
- Uses principles of gravity to its advantage
- Door swings with less resistance
- Heavier doors can be accommodated
• Reduced stress on frame
- Fasteners are in shear, not tension
- Eliminates door sag
- Vertically adjustable
• Heavy-duty hardened steel spindles
- Thrust bearing supports vertical load
- Needle bearings and bushings for lateral force
- Extra heavy-duty models also have an additional surface applied thrust bearing to handle heavier or high-traffic doors
• Offset pivots provide better weight distribution and can accommodate taller doors
• Intermediate pivots are used for alignment and to ensure proper installation of bottom pivot or floor closer
• Center hung pivots are used for aesthetics or if the pivot point is going to be moved closer to the lock edge of the door
• PIVOTS DO NOT RETURN DOORS TO CENTER. Pivots in this section are for door hanging means only. For door control see door closer catalog sections.
Product Description & Features
• Standard top pivot for most offset pivot sets and floor closers
• Oil-impregnated sintered bronze bushing
• Non-ferrous base material
• Available for fire door assemblies (ferrous material) – specify F180 or FH180
• For 20-minute label suffix “–20” to the part number
• 3/4" (19mm) offset (measured from centerline of pivot to face of door)
• Available for 1-1/2" (38mm) offset
• Furnished with wood and machine screws
• Available with longer than standard pivot pins. Increments are 1/4" (6mm), 1/2" (13mm), 3/4" (19mm) only
• For extra wide or high traffic prefix "H"
- H pivots have heavy-duty needle bearings
- H Pivots available in 1-1/2" (38mm) offset
All Rixson® pivots and pivot sets are in compliance with ANSI 156.4 Standards. See individual products for sub sections.
Rixson Pivot sets are warranted for 2 years for defect. See Rixson Price Book for specific details of the limited warranty.
All pivots and pivot sets shall be of one manufacturer. All heavy duty pivots shall have a minimum of 2 bearings internal to the bottom pivot. One shall be a thrust bearing and the other a needle bearing. Separate bearing surfaces shall be in the top pivot. Lead-lined door units and high traffic pivots shall have additional thrust bearing. Fire rated pivot sets shall have steel top pivots. Fire rated doors require steel intermediate pivots.
Fire Rated – Prefix F
Pivots for fire rated doors (up to 3 hours) include a steel top pivot and must have additional steel intermediate pivots. For F519 pocket pivot, door assemblies must have been tested with pocket pivots.
Twenty-minute label – Suffix - 20
This UL rating is for 20-minute assemblies. Product with this rating has an authorized label.
All offset pivots and pivot sets are handed. Suffix RH or LH.
Extended Spindle – Suffix extra length needed
Any special coverings or severe door undercuts will affect the spindle height. In these applications, an extended spindle may be required. Most standard spindle heights accommodate door undercuts up to 1/2". Extended spindles available in 1/2" increments up to 2" longer than standard.
1-1/2" Offset – Suffix 1-1/2
Offset is the distance from the face of the door to the pivot point. Extended offsets should not be used unless there is cladding on the face of the door or there is trim to clear on the frame. 1-1/2" offset arms and pivots are for doors with cladding or trim that project 3/4" from the face of the door. The greater the offset the less weight can be carried by the pivot.
Less Top Pivot – Suffix LTP
For conditions requiring special top pivots or for arch top doors, the pivot set should be ordered less top pivot – LTP. For offset installations an additional load bearing intermediate (side jamb) M190 pivot is required. All intermediate pivots for that opening should be M190's, not M19's.
Special Layouts – Suffix SPLO#
Unique installations or specially engineered products are called special layouts. These numbers must be assigned by the technical support department and they must be called out specifically by their number when ordering.
Door Thickness – Suffix 1-3/4", 2", 2-1/4", 2-1/2" or 3"
When ordering L series pivot for lead-lined doors, the thickness of the door must be given. The purpose of the L product is to have screws spaced so they straddle the lead in the center of the door. Also used when lead lining is under the skins of the door. Recommended for use on extra heavy or high traffic doors.
ElectroLynx® Connectors – Suffix QC – Number of Wires
The plug-in connectors with easy color coded wire system eliminate matching wires. Must be used with ASSA ABLOY doors, frames and hardware. Available 4, 6, 8 or 12 wires for most products.
F180 Rixson 3/4" Offset Fire Rated Top Pivot
- Brand: Rixson
- Product Code: F180