*Actual product and finish may vary
Complete Premium Door Control. The 27 Series 3/4” offset hung, single acting floor closers are concealed closers for maximum efficiency, heavy and high traffic openings. Model L27 SHO provides either a 90° or 105° swing and selective hold open arm designed for lead-lined doors. Rixson 27 series
Floor closers provide the best mechanical means to support and control a door. They are designed to work with the laws of physics to provide long-lasting performance and reliability.
Advantages of concealed floor closers
• Aesthetics – let the beauty of the door and its surroundings take center stage
• Vandal resistant – mechanism not exposed
• The solution for arch top doors – offset floor closers
• Both mechanical advantage and aesthetics – a concealed floor closer exclusive
Many different models to choose from
• Use standard product with a top pivot for the best efficiency
• Use a quick install (Q) model to facilitate easy closer removal
• Use extra heavy-duty (L & H) (L-offset) (H-center hung) models for higher traffic/lead lined or extremely heavy doors
• Use model HM with 3/4" offset hinges for hollow metal doors and frames prepared for 4-1/2" hinges
• Closers can be offset hung, center hung or independently hung, single or double acting (center hung only)
*Selective Hold Open –These closers can be set to hold open or non-hold open. This is done via a screw control on the top of the closer. Available on Models 27 and 28 only.
• Single Acting, Handed
• Exterior or Interior Doors
• Lead-Lined/Heavy/High Traffic Doors
• Weight to 1500 lbs.*
• Door Width up to 4'0" (1219mm) ANSI/C06071
Product Description & Features
Heavy-duty bottom arm and top pivot with screw holes spaced to straddle lead lining, also used for doors with lead lining beneath the skins or for extra heavy or very high traffic doors.
• Available for the following lead-lined door thicknesses: 1-3/4"(44mm), 2" (51mm), 2-1/4" (57mm), 2-1/2" (63mm) or 3" (76mm)
• Additional thrust bearing for greater load capacity
• Built-in positive dead stop prevents door from swinging beyond the desired opening degree (specify 85°, 90°, 95° or 105°)
• Separate and independent valves for closing speed, latch speed and backcheck
• Available non-hold open (N) or selective hold open (S) at same degree as dead stop
• Delayed action option – prefix “DA” (non-hold open closers only)
• Models available to meet ICC/ANSI A117.1 low opening force requirements, prefix “PH”. (For 8-1/2 lbs. of opening force prefix PH and suffix 8-1/2 lbs.)
• Cold weather fluid option – specify “CWF” (not available for closers with “DA”)
• Sealed closer option – specify “SC”
• Available with floor plate or threshold installation (floor plate shown)
• For extended offsets, consult factory
• Cast iron cement case
• Vertical door adjustment
• Standard top pivot: L180 included
• Intermediate pivot(s) required: ML19 (order separately)
• Doors 60" (1524mm) to 90" (2286mm) in height should use one intermediate pivot. Each additional 30" (762mm) warrants another intermediate pivot
• For fire rated openings (up to 3 hour assemblies) prefix “F”. This package will be supplied with steel top pivot (FL180) and non-hold open closer. Furnish intermediate pivot FML19, order separately, see page 18.
Note: UL listing for 1-3/4" thick doors only.
• Fire rated closers cannot have PH option
• For 20-minute labeled doors suffix “-20” to the part number
• Furnished with wood and machine screws
• Extended spindles available in 1/2" increments up to 2" longer than standard
All Rixson® heavy-duty floor closers are in compliance with ANSI/BHMA 156.4 Standards. See individual products for sub sections.
Rixson heavy-duty floor closers models 27/28 and 30/40 are warranted for 10 years against defect. The model 20 closer carries a 2 year warranty. See Rixson Price Book for specific details of the limited warranty.
Floor closers shall be heavy-duty model 27 (offset) or model 28 (center hung). All closers shall be handed. Choose appropriate functions and strengths to accommodate lead lining, extra high traffic, fire rating, independently hung or quick install models. These closers shall have separate and independent checking valves, to control latch speed, closing speed and adjustable hydraulic backcheck. All single acting closers shall have a built in dead stop feature. All closers have one piece spindle assembly. Extra heavy-duty closers shall have minimum of two thrust bearings and one needle bearing. Closers shall not have compression spring.
L27 SHO Rixson 3/4" Offset Hung Single Acting Floor Closer
- Brand: Rixson
- Product Code: L27