*Actual product and finish may vary
Locknetics by Schlage M490DE Delayed Egress lock is designed to meet NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, while providing the same robust, easy to install, security of our M400 Series line of electromagnetic locks.
The M490DE has a 15 second delayed egress timer with audible alarm which can be configured to trigger by an internal “plunger switch,” or by external contacts, such as an request to exit push bar.
All M400 Series locks have automatic voltage sensing for 12 and 24 volts along with polarity protection to make wiring less complex. The M490DE is tested and certified to meet or exceed UL special locking arrangements and BHMA 1500lb. hold force requirements.
The M490DE electromagnetic lock comes in two configurations to meet your specific security needs. The M490DE provides basic security and delayed egress functionality, while the M490DEP provides intelligent sensing and reporting features needed to integrate with access control systems.
This easy to install, cost effective solution provides the highest access security and safety.
Delayed egress with plunger switch and external switch input
Designed to meet NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
Automatic voltage selection
On-board audible alarm, On-board tri-color LED
Fire alarm terminals
1,500 lbs. holding force
.75A @ 12VDC, .45A @ 24VDC
Plus Option Adds:
- Programmable Relock Delay
- Door Status Monitor (DSM)
- Magnetic Bond Sensor (MBS)
- Alarm Output (SEC)
- Door Forced/Propped Alert
- Anti-Tailgate Feature
Features and Benefits
• Bayonet mount makes installation simpler by not requiring magnet to be held overhead while mounting screws are installed
• 15 Second Delay - Activated by internal plunger switch or auxilary imput
• Automatic Voltage Selection
• LED Indication with Audible Alerts
• Release Input
• Reset Input
• Fire Alarm Input
• UL Special Locking Arrangements, ANSI/BHMA 156.23 Grade 1, UL10C Positive Pressure Fire Tests of Door Assemblies Certifications
• 1500 lbs. Hold Force
• Auto Voltage Selection (AVS) senses the voltage applied to lock and responds accordingly
• Internal Plunger Switch activates delayed egress timer
Additional Options and Accessories
• Herculite Door Bracket (HDB)
• Magnetic Bond Sensor (MBS) monitors the strength of the bond between the lock and armature so you know the door is secure
• Door Position Switch (DPS) monitors whether the door is open or closed
• Relocking Time Delay
• BOCA Compliant (upon request)
Holding Force meets or exceeds BHMA standard of 1500 lbs.
Input Voltage (Standard Unit) 12/24 VDC
Current Draw (Amps Standard Unit) .85A @ 12 VDC .55A @ 24 VDC
Weight (approximate) 16 lbs.
Certifications UL 294, UL10C, ANSI/BHMA156.23
Temperature 0º-49º C (32º-120º F)
Wire Gauge 14-22 AWG
M490DE Locknetics Delayed Egress
- Brand: Schlage Electronics
- Product Code: M490DE