*Actual product and finish may vary
The 9827L is a lever trim (Key locks & unlocks) surface vertical rod exit device for all types of single and double doors with mullion, UL listed for Panic Exit Hardware. Devices are ANSI A156.3 – 2001 Grade 1. Von Duprin 9827 device has a smooth mechanism case.
The surface vertical rod device is non-handed except when the following device options are used: SD (Special Dogging), or SS (Signal Switch). Covers stock hollow metal doors with 86 or 161 cutouts.
All 98 and 99 series exit devices are UL listed for Panic Hardware or Fire Hardware, and are certified to ANSI A156.3, 2001, Grade 1. Many models are also certified for Hurricane Resistant Applications.
996L-R&V standard trim
- Device Functions: Device ships EO/DT/NL. Field selectable. For TP,K,or L remove NL drive screw from device
- Device Lengths: 3’: 2’4" to 3’ (711mm to 914 mm) Door Size; 4’: 2’10" to 4’ (864 mm to 1219 mm) Door Size
- Strikes: Top - 299 – Dull Black, Bottom – 248L4 & 304L - Unfinished; Optional Strikes available
- Dogging Feature: Hex key dogging standard
- Dogging Options: CD Cylinder Dogging; SD Special Center Case Dogging; LD Less Dogging
- Electric Options: LX Latchbolt Monitor Switch; RX Pushpad Monitor Switch; RX2 Double Pushpad Monitor Switch; EL Electric Latch Retraction; SS Signal Switch; CX Chexit Delayed Exit; ALK Alarm Exit Kit; QEL Quiet Electric Latch Retraction; PN Pneumatic Latch Retraction; LBR Less Bottom Rod
- Mechanical Options: GBK Glass Bead Kit; PL Pullman Latch; WS Tornado and Hurricane Tested
- Fasteners & Sex Bolts (SNB): Includes screw pack for 1-3/4" (44mm) – 2-1/4" (57mm) Thick Metal or Wood Doors, and 325 SNB for top & bottom latch. Optional 425 SNB available
- Latch Bolt: Deadlocking Anti-friction Top & Bottom Bolt, 5/8" (16mm) throw
- Device Centerline from Finished Floor: 39-5/8" (1006 mm);
- Door Undercut 1/4" (7mm)
- Center Case Dimensions: 8" x 2-3/4" x 2-3/8" (203mm x 70mm x 60mm)
- Mechanism Case Dimensions: 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" (57mm x 57mm)
- Top & Bottom Latch Case: 4-1/2" x 2-1/8" x 1-1/2" (114mm x 54mm x 38mm)
- Vertical Rods: 1/2" square tubing, standard rods accommodate 7’ (2134mm) door; Top rod length is 34-15/16" (887mm); Bottom rod length is 31-1/2" (794mm); Extension rods available, 1’ (205mm) or 3’ (914mm) for doors over 7’ "F"; One piece top rod available for 8’ (2438mm) and 10’ (3048mm) door
- Projection: Pushbar Neutral – 3-13/16" (97 mm); Pushbar Depressed – 3-1/16" (78 mm)
Von Duprin push pad exit devices are available in two external surface styles, designated 98 Series and 99 Series. The two styles are mechanically and dimensionally identical and provide a wide selection of appearance options.
Vertical rod and latch guards are available to protect the bottom rod of the exit device from damage by impacts of carts or gurneys passing through doors.
Deadlocking latchbolt provides security and improved performance at standard device cost.
The Quiet One®
A fluid dampener decelerates the pushpad on its return stroke and eliminates most noise associated with exit device operations. Furnished on all 98/99™ series exit devices.
Options & Accessories – see catalog for detailed information
Electric Latch Retraction
Request to Exit Switch
LBR – Less Bottom Rod
9827L Von Duprin Surface Vertical Rod Exit Device - Lever Trim
- Brand: Von Duprin
- Product Code: 9827L