*Actual product and finish may vary
The Von Duprin 98EO-F is an exit only rim fire exit device for all types of single doors up to 4´ x 10´ (1219mm x 3048mm) or 8´ x 10´ (2438mm x 3048mm) double doors with 9954 or 9854 mullion, UL listed for Fire Exit Hardware. Devices are ANSI A156.3 – 2001 Grade 1. The 98-F device has a smooth mechanism case.
The rim device is non-handed except when the following device options are used: -2 (Double Cylinder) or SS (Signal Switch). Covers stock hollow metal doors with 86 or 161 cutouts on single doors (may cover cutouts on pairs – consult template).
All 98 and 99 series exit devices are UL listed for Panic Hardware or Fire Hardware, and are certified to ANSI A156.3, 2001, Grade 1. Many models are also certified for Hurricane Resistant Applications.
- Device Functions: Device ships EO/DT/NL. Field selectable. For TP,K,or L remove NL drive screw from device
- Device Lengths: 3’ 2’4" to 3’ (711mm to 914 mm) Door Size; 4’ 2’10" to 4’ (864 mm to 1219 mm) Door Size
- Strikes: 299F – Dull Black, 499F with Mullions. Optional Strikes also available
- Dogging Feature: No Mechanical Dogging, EL and QEL option available
- Electric Options: LX Latchbolt Monitor Switch; RX Pushpad Monitor Switch; RX2 Double Pushpad Monitor Switch; E Electric Locking & Unlocking; EL Electric Latch Retraction; SS Signal Switch; CX Chexit Delayed Exit; ALK Alarm Exit Kit; QEL Quiet Electric Latch Retraction
- Mechanical Options: PN Pneumatic Latch Retraction; -2 Double Cylinder; GBK Glass Bead Kit; XP Extra Protection
- Fasteners & Sex Bolts (SNB): Includes screw pack for 1-3/4" (19mm) – 2-1/4" (57mm) Wood & Metal Doors Optional 425 SNB available for metal doors. 425 and 825 SNB required on wood doors without SLM blocking.
- Latch Bolt: Deadlocking, 3/4" (19mm) throw
- Device Centerline from Finished Floor: 39-13/16" (1011 mm); 39-11/16" (1008 mm) with Mullion
- Center Case Dimensions: 8" x 2-3/4" x 2-3/8" (203mm x 70mm x 60mm)
- Mechanism Case Dimensions: 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" (57mm x 57mm)
- Projection: Pushbar Neutral – 3-13/16" (97 mm); Pushbar Depressed – 3-1/16" (78 mm)
Von Duprin push pad exit devices are available in two external surface styles, designated 98 Series and 99 Series. The two styles are mechanically and dimensionally identical and provide a wide selection of appearance options.
Deadlocking latchbolt provides security and improved performance at standard device cost.
The Quiet One®
A fluid dampener decelerates the pushpad on its return stroke and eliminates most noise associated with exit device operations. Furnished on all 98/99™ series exit devices.
Options & Accessories – see catalog for detailed information
Electric Latch Retraction
Request to Exit Switch
98EO-F Von Duprin Fire Rated - Rim Exit Device - Exit Only
- Brand: Von Duprin
- Product Code: 98EO-F