*Actual product and finish may vary
Dorma 8062 Center Hung Top Pivot is a walking beam top pivot with cover plate.
Lateral adjustment assures the door is plumb. Accommodates top door clearances of 1/8", 3/8", or 3/4". Optional extended pin available for clearances of 3/4", 1", or 1-5/16". Not recommended for use with overhead stops/holders. Use HD8062.
DORMA pivots support door weight effectively in a variety of applications. Like all DORMA products, our pivots are available in an array of finishes to enhance and complement surrounding decor.
DORMA’s LM Series of pivots using brass and steel are designed for long life and trouble-free operation. Each pivot and pivot set meets DORMA’s exacting specifications for support of rated and non-rated high-traffic interior and exterior openings, extra-heavy doors, or lead-lined doors. Pivots for 20 minute and 3 hour fire-rated doors comply with applicable codes.
DORMA pivots span a wide variety of styles and applications that can interface with other DORMA products on wood, aluminum, or hollow metal doors and frames. They can also be used on doors of special design such as paneled doors, and doors of unusual weight, thickness, or material.
Pivots and pivot sets, durable and long lasting, accommodate doors weighing up to 1000 lb. Pivot sets are available for center hung, 3/4" offset, and 1-1/2" offset. Components are offered for center hung, 3/4" offset, 1-1/2" offset, and pocket pivot applications. Floor bearings with numerous spindle heights are available to accommodate an array of bottom door clearances.
Center Hung walking beam top pivots and bottom arms are mortised into the door. Floor bearings are surface applied or grouted into the floor, depending on which pivot set/floor bearing is used. Pivot sets are available for doors weighing from 200 lb to 660 lb. Heavy-duty versions are available for doors up to 1000 lb. Center hung pivots and pivot sets can be single acting (must use an applied stop) or double-acting.
• Center hung, 3/4" offset, 1-1/2" offset, and pocket door pivots available.
• Pivots standard design includes needle bearings with hardened pins for durability and long life.
• 3/4" and 1-1/2" offset versions available for flush and 1/8" inset door and frame conditions. Flush versions are standard.
• Pivot sets are available for non-rated, 20 minute rated, and up to 3 hour fire-rated applications.
• Intermediate pivots are recommended with offset pivot sets.
• Pivot sets available for lead-lined doors weighing up to 800 lb. Can also be used on non lead-lined doors.
• Lead-lined door pivots available for varying door thicknesses. The hole pattern in the pivots is staggered to straddle the lead in the center of the door.
• Pocket pivots available for 90º pocket door applications that require the door to be flush with an adjacent wall.
• Pivots and pivot sets furnished standard with all machine screws. Half or all wood screw options available.
The DORMA LM Series is listed by UL and CUL under their continuing reinspection programs. The LM Series is certified to the requirements of ANSI/BHMA A156.4.
DORMA’s LM Pivot Series produced from brass or steel for interior and exterior non-rated and fire-rated doors. Top pivots and bottom arms will be center hung, 3/4" or 1-1/2" offset. Intermediate pivots will be 3/4" or 1-1/2" offset. Side jamb bottom pivot will be 3/4" offset. Top and intermediate pivots will be full mortise configurations. Bottom arms and side jamb pivot will be mortised. Pivots can be substituted within a pivot set, assuming the offset is the same. Offset 3/4" and 1-1/2" top pivots are available for doors that are inset 1/8" from the frame face while standard intermediate and bottom arms are templated accordingly. Center hung pivots will accommodate double-acting and single-acting doors. Center hung single-acting will use an applied stop. Pocket pivots will accommodate doors opening 90º that must be flush with an adjacent wall. All pivots and pivot sets will incorporate needle bearings and lubricated hardened steel pivot pins treated to prevent corrosion. All pivots and pivot sets will be available in a variety of finishes.
8062 Dorma Top Pivot - Center Hung
- Brand: Dorma
- Product Code: 8062