*Actual product and finish may vary
The Rixson 117-1/2 is a 3/4” Offset Heavy Duty x 180 Pivot Set. Pivot sets provide the best possible means of hanging a door.
Standard top pivot included.
Exterior or Interior Doors
Weight to 650 lbs.*
Door Width up to 4'0" (1219mm)
BHMA/ANSI NO: C07121/C07202
Product Description & Features
• Standard top pivot 180 included
• M19 intermediate pivot required (order separately)
• Bottom pivot mortised into floor
• Non-ferrous base material
• Doors 60" (1524mm) to 90" (2286mm) in height should use one intermediate pivot. Each additional 30" (762mm) of door height warrants another intermediate pivot
• 3/4" (19mm) offset (measured from centerline of pivot to face of door)
• Available for 1-1/2" (38mm) offset (door weight 350 lbs.) for doors with cladding or frame molding
• Door edges must be beveled 1/8" in 2"
• Furnished with wood and machine screws
• Extended spindles available in 1/2" (13mm) increments up to 2" (51mm) longer than standard
• Doors will swing 180°, trim permitting
Handing - All offset pivots and pivot sets are handed. Suffix RH or LH.
Extended Spindle – Suffix extra length needed - Any special coverings or severe door undercuts will affect the spindle height. In these applications, an extended spindle may be required. Most standard spindle heights accommodate door undercuts up to 1/2". Extended spindles available in 1/2" increments up to 2" longer than standard.
1-1/2" Offset – Suffix 1-1/2 - Offset is the distance from the face of the door to the pivot point. Extended offsets should not be used unless there is cladding on the face of the door or there is trim to clear on the frame. 1-1/2" offset arms and pivots are for doors with cladding or trim that project 3/4" from the face of the door. The greater the offset the less weight can be carried by the pivot.
Less Top Pivot – Suffix LTP - For conditions requiring special top pivots or for arch top doors, the pivot set should be ordered less top pivot – LTP. For offset installations an additional load bearing intermediate (side jamb) M190 pivot is required. All intermediate pivots for that opening should be M190's, not M19's.
Door Thickness – Suffix 1-3/4", 2", 2-1/4", 2-1/2" or 3" - When ordering L series pivot for lead-lined doors, the thickness of the door must be given. The purpose of the L product is to have screws spaced so they straddle the lead in the center of the door. Also used when lead lining is under the skins of the door. Recommended for use on extra heavy or high traffic doors.
Certifications - All Rixson® pivots and pivot sets are in compliance with ANSI/BHMA 156.4 Standards. See individual products for sub sections.
Limited Warranty - Rixson Pivot sets are warranted for 2 years for defect. See Rixson Price Book for specific details of the limited warranty.
117-1/2 Rixson 3/4" Offset - Heavy Duty x 180 Pivot Set
- Brand: Rixson
- Product Code: 117-1/2