*Actual product and finish may vary
Complete Premium Door Control. The 28 Series center hung, single acting floor closers are concealed closers for maximum efficiency, heavy and high traffic openings. Model 28 SHO provides a 90° swing and selective hold open arm.
Floor closers provide the best mechanical means to support and control a door. They are designed to work with the laws of physics to provide long-lasting performance and reliability.
Advantages of concealed floor closers
• Aesthetics – let the beauty of the door and its surroundings take center stage
• Vandal resistant – mechanism not exposed
• The solution for arch top doors – offset floor closers
• Both mechanical advantage and aesthetics – a concealed floor closer exclusive
Many different models to choose from
• Use standard product with a top pivot for the best efficiency
• Use a quick install (Q) model to facilitate easy closer removal
• Use extra heavy-duty (L & H) (L-offset) (H-center hung) models for higher traffic/lead lined or extremely heavy doors
• Use model HM with 3/4" offset hinges for hollow metal doors and frames prepared for 4-1/2" hinges
• Closers can be offset hung, center hung or independently hung, single or double acting (center hung only)
*Selective Hold Open –These closers can be set to hold open or non-hold open. This is done via a screw control on the top of the closer. Available on Models 27 and 28 only.
• Single Acting, Handed
• Exterior or Interior Doors
• Weight to 350 lbs.
• Centering Arm
• Sizes up to 4'0"x8'6"* (1219mmx2591mm)
Product Description & Features
• Centering arm with adjustment screws in faces of door
• Built-in positive dead stop prevents door from swinging beyond the desired opening degree (specify 85, 90, 95 or 105°)
• Separate and independent valves for closing speed, latch speed and backcheck
• Available non-hold open (N) or selective hold open (S) at same degree as dead stop
• Delayed action option – prefix “DA” (non-hold open closers only)
• Models available to meet ICC/ANSI A117.1 low opening force requirements, prefix “PH”. (For 8-1/2 lbs. of opening force prefix “PH” and suffix “8-1/2 lbs.”)
• Cold weather fluid option – specify “CWF” (not available for closers with “DA”)
• Sealed closer option – specify “SC”
• Available with floor plate or threshold installation (floor plate shown)
• Cycolac, rustproof cement case
• Arm reinforcement bracket for wood doors – prefix “W”
• Standard top pivot: #340 included
• Not allowed for fire rated doors
• Frame stop required on the header at the lock side. If not supplied by frame manufacturer, recommend use of 60131.
• Furnished with wood and machine screws
• Extended spindles available in 1/2" increments up to 2" longer than standard
All Rixson® heavy-duty floor closers are in compliance with ANSI/BHMA 156.4 Standards. See individual products for sub sections.
Rixson heavy-duty floor closers models 27/28 and 30/40 are warranted for 10 years against defect. The model 20 closer carries a 2 year warranty. See Rixson Price Book for specific details of the limited warranty.
Floor closers shall be heavy-duty model 27 (offset) or model 28 (center hung). All closers shall be handed. Choose appropriate functions and strengths to accommodate lead lining, extra high traffic, fire rating, independently hung or quick install models. These closers shall have separate and independent checking valves, to control latch speed, closing speed and adjustable hydraulic backcheck. All single acting closers shall have a built in dead stop feature. All closers have one piece spindle assembly. Extra heavy-duty closers shall have minimum of two thrust bearings and one needle bearing. Closers shall not have compression spring.
28 SHO Rixson Center Hung Single Acting Floor Closer - 90° Swing
- Brand: Rixson
- Product Code: 28