*Actual product and finish may vary
The Rixson 996 Tri-Voltage Wall Mount Surface Wiring Electromagnetic Door Release is designed for virtually any remote door release applications.
They must be used in conjunction with closing devices.
• Fire/smoke barrier doors
– Door releases when tripped by an alarm or smoke detector
• Private offices
– Door releases when triggered by a remote switch
• All devices come with a wall/floor portion and a door portion (armature)
• Circuit normally closed
• Door portions have screws and plates to accommodate surface and concealed mounting
Product Description & Features
• Total Projection: 4-1/8" (105mm)
• Mounting Requirements: 1-1/2" (38mm) deep adapter housing
• Wall must be properly reinforced
• Voltage and Current:
120VAC, 60Hz., .020 amp
24VAC/DC, 60Hz., .020 amp
12VDC, .040 amp
• For 50-55 lbs. of holding force, specify voltage
120VAC, 60Hz .017 amp
24VAC, 60Hz .080 amp
240VAC, 50/60Hz. .009 amp
• Shipping Weight: 3 lbs. (1.4 kg)
• 25 to 40 pounds holding power, except where noted
• Fail-safe operation; power failure releases door to close
• Positive release button initiates closing motion
• Tri-volt coils on most models see
• Spotting template included
• For stronger holding forces (50-55 lbs.) specify model and voltage. Not available in tri-volt coils
All Rixson® electromagnetic door holder/releases are in compliance with ANSI/BHMA 156.15 Standards. See individual products for sub sections.
• All units UL/ULC listed
• All units listed by California State Fire Marshal
Rixson® electromagnetic door holder/releases are warranted for 2 years for defect. See Rixson® Price Book for specific details of the limited warranty.
All electromagnetic door holder/releases shall be supplied by architectural hardware supplier. All units shall have a single coil to accommodate.12VDC, 24VAC, 24VDC and 120VAC. The coils shall be independently wound, employing a fuse. Armatures will have positive release button.
996 Rixson Tri-Voltage - Wall Mount Surface Wiring
- Brand: Rixson
- Product Code: 996M