*Actual product and finish may vary
Schlage 692 Series SmartBar™: An electronic switching device which serves as a non-latching request to exit bar. Touching the SmartBar at any point on the bar activates internal circuitry which controls power to the locking device.
The Locknetics by Schlage 692 36” Black pushpad w/RED “PUSH TO EXIT” SmartBar is for use on aluminum, hollow metal and wood doors.
The 692 SmartBar is an electronic switching device with no moving parts, which serves as a non-latching request to exit bar at an egress door. It allows one motion egress at doors equipped with electromagnetic or electronic locks, with “no prior knowledge” required by the user. Touching the Smartbar at any point on the bar activates internal circuitry which controls power to the locking device. No moving parts results in low maintenance and long life.
The 692 SmartBar provides two directionally opposed infrared detection circuits to sense an exit request. As a person touches the bar the light beam is broken. The patent pending redundant system provides a high level of life safety and peace of mind to the end user.
An audible alarm is standard. This feature provides a security alarm to alert when there is a prolonged unlocked condition caused by a continued break in the light beam. This feature is desirable in applications requiring monitoring of security conditions or delayed egress.
• Optional Lighted “Push to Exit”
• Dual infrared detection circuits – patent pending
• No Moving Parts - One Motion Egress
• Audible alarm standard, alerts prolonged unlock condition
• DPDT relay standard - signals access control panel or auxiliary device
Electronic non-latching releasing device
Input: 12 or 24 VDC maximum current draw .50 Amps.
Benefits of Using Request to Exit Bars
• Heavy duty aluminum extrusion with cast metal end caps - Maximum durability
• Field reversible, field sized
• Quick install brackets / Universal mounting system for aluminum, hollow metal and wood doors
• Low profile for greater clearance through door
• “PUSH TO EXIT” signage designates opening
• Glow in the Dark (GID) “PUSH TO EXIT” option - Locknetics exclusive
RHR Right hand reverse
LHR Left hand reverse
DP Double pole, double throw switch (standard feature for 692 SmartBar)
WD* Sexnut door kit for heavy duty wood door and hollow metal door applications
Armored Door Cords
798-12 12"x1/2" armored door cord (less wire) inswinging
798-18 18"x1/2" armored door cord (less wire) outswinging
628 Satin Anodized Aluminum (standard)
313 Dark Satin Bronze Anodized Aluminum
Input Voltage: 12 or 24 VDC maximum current draw .5 Amps
Switch: DPDT contacts rated 4 Amps @ 30 VDC
Wiring: 8 Conductor Cable - 20 AWG - 6ft. long (standard)
692 Schlage 36" Smartbar
- Brand: Schlage Electronics
- Product Code: 692